The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Sheet Metal Products

Sheet Metal Products
Discuss sheet metal products here. What products makes your job easier. No advertising on forums, it will be deleted.

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Professional Member

Or call 1-800-245-3188 and ask where you can acquire the Cleater 1 or Cleater II tool.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Professional Member

Production Products, Inc. has the cleat tool.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:03 AM
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadHead
Production Products, Inc. has the cleat tool.

In response to LeadHead

Production Products Inc.
PO BOX 7348
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Phone: (847) 634-8135 or (800) 801-4290
Fax: (847) 634-0588 or (800) 734-8135
Old 07-25-2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks so much , will give that a try !
Old 03-19-2009, 12:58 PM

Default TDC clip tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryduck
I just have a very simple Question which relates to this , I am looking for a Good Cleat tool , meaning the one that installs the clip/clips on the seems of TDC duct so you dont have to zip screw the seems ( which strip out very easy if your not careful), I have called several HVAC places here in PA but these people act dumb founded , and have no clue as to what I am talking about , I even stopped by a few Local HVAC installers here and asked , they hadnt a clue , even asked where they purchased their tools from and their tool suppliers do not know what I am looking for even after telling they what it does. I have been wanting to replace my very worn/used one. I have had to weld it back together and after 5 years it is about useless , heck after the second tdc duct job it was this way . I feel sure others have had to weld theirs and have had the other open end strech.Heck I would settle for one like this only new but would like to get one that is of a heavier duty if I could. I really hope that someone knows what I am talk about , I dont care at this point on prices , but I sure would buy a few if I could find out where to get them. Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 PM

You can make your own clip tool very easily with a piece of unistrut. Cut a piece from an 1 1/2 inch Unistrut and brake to match the profile of the clips then weld on a handle to suit.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:25 AM

That suggestion sounds interesting. I'll try that. Thanks for the idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryduck View Post
I just have a very simple Question which relates to this , I am looking for a Good Cleat tool , meaning the one that installs the clip/clips on the seems of TDC duct so you dont have to zip screw the seems ( which strip out very easy if your not careful), I have called several HVAC places here in PA but these people act dumb founded , and have no clue as to what I am talking about , I even stopped by a few Local HVAC installers here and asked , they hadnt a clue , even asked where they purchased their tools from and their tool suppliers do not know what I am looking for even after telling they what it does. I have been wanting to replace my very worn/used one. I have had to weld it back together and after 5 years it is about useless , heck after the second tdc duct job it was this way . I feel sure others have had to weld theirs and have had the other open end strech.Heck I would settle for one like this only new but would like to get one that is of a heavier duty if I could. I really hope that someone knows what I am talk about , I dont care at this point on prices , but I sure would buy a few if I could find out where to get them. Thanks
Ductmate has an awesome clipping tool
Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM

Default cleat banger tools

I've used the store bought cleat banger tools. I've used modified store bought tools. I've used hand built tools. I've got a buddy that uses a fence plier/hammer tool. For me, Channelocks are the best tool for bangin cleats over and you can pinch them closed or hammer them on with the backside. Channelocks also work well for setting and pinching the corners in TDC.