The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > A Tinners Porch

A Tinners Porch
Who knows what will come up in porch conversations.

Share This Forum!  

Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Professional Member

Count on it Grue. I've been trying periodically but still the same message.

Later
Old 09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Professional Member

Thanks Steve,

Any word on PricerJnr?

Regards.

Glenn
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Professional Member

Just seen the devistation on t.v our thoughts and prayers are for pricer and everyone else caught up in this disaster .aw ra best Marky
Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Professional Member

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your prayers. We now have power but I can not say that things are getting back to normal. Mississippi was hit hard as you most likely know. We have tryed to get there to help but were un able to do so. People are running out of gas so it is hard to get around right now. The gas stations that are open have lines that are miles long. It looks like we are going to have our neighbors from Mississippi and New Orleans living with us for a while. We have people staying with our family from New Orleans. They arrived before the storm and it could be a long while before they are able to get back home.

We had been listening to the radio for the past few days but to see the damage in Mississippi is un believable. They are saying that Mobile will be used as a staging area for re building Mississippi. I think we are hiring people who are displaced by the storm that lost everything they had. Every thing. Me and my family are truely blessed, we still have each other and our home. This is still surreal to me. We have missed work most of this week and we are looking forward to getting back up and running to help our community get back on its feet.

Everyone is working together here. If you can , donate to the Red Cross. They are setting up shelters everywhere here and are asking people to take others into there homes.

We are truely blessed. Communications as you can imagine are not to good. Don't know how long the internet will be up and I am surprised it works at all. We are all fine, I have not heard much about the loss of life in Alabama but say a special prayer for those in Mississippi and Louisiana.

Thanks again and I will try to check back in later. Grue, Pricer jr is doing fine.

Pricer
Old 09-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Professional Member

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your prayers. We now have power but I can not say that things are getting back to normal. Mississippi was hit hard as you most likely know. We have tryed to get there to help but were un able to do so. People are running out of gas so it is hard to get around right now. The gas stations that are open have lines that are miles long. It looks like we are going to have our neighbors from Mississippi and New Orleans living with us for a while. We have people staying with our family from New Orleans. They arrived before the storm and it could be a long while before they are able to get back home.

We had been listening to the radio for the past few days but to see the damage in Mississippi is un believable. They are saying that Mobile will be used as a staging area for re building Mississippi. I think we are hiring people who are displaced by the storm that lost everything they had. Every thing. Me and my family are truely blessed, we still have each other and our home. This is still surreal to me. We have missed work most of this week and we are looking forward to getting back up and running to help our community get back on its feet.

Everyone is working together here. If you can , donate to the Red Cross. They are setting up shelters everywhere here and are asking people to take others into there homes.

We are truely blessed. Communications as you can imagine are not to good. Don't know how long the internet will be up and I am surprised it works at all. We are all fine, I have not heard much about the loss of life in Alabama but say a special prayer for those in Mississippi and Louisiana.

Thanks again and I will try to check back in later. Grue, Pricer jr is doing fine.

Pricer
Old 09-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Professional Member

Thanks Pricer,

We were concerned mate and our prayers continue to be with you and your families. Our Government has donated $10 Million to your Red Cross. Mate, You'll have to have a think again, I told you to think about coming to Australia after the last hurricane, we don't have them here, and the opportunities are huge for a bloke with your talents.

Regards.

Grue
Old 09-02-2005, 08:01 PM

Glad to see your in one piece. If you need anything you know the number. All our blessings, Bean and Bob