The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > A Tinners Porch

A Tinners Porch
Who knows what will come up in porch conversations.

Share This Forum!  

Old 08-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Professional Member

Default Hurricane Katrina and Pricer

Hello all, I just got off of the phone with Pricer (8pmEST, 30Aug05) and he wanted me to let all of you out there know that he and his family are all fine. As fine as one can be after listening to 140 mph winds tear things up for 15 hours straight. He was able to tarp his damaged roof so they are able to stay in their house, but with no electricity there is no air conditioning. It's 94 degrees with high humidity at 8pm! Yikes!
His mood sounds like that of a man of faith who, upon witnessing some of the TOTAL destruction around him, is thankful for what are much smaller inconvienences than those of many of his neighbors.
He will be in touch, but there is no knowing when.

Later, Steve
Old 08-30-2005, 06:40 PM
ME

Thank you Steve...This isn't the first time Mobile has been torn up this year..They (The entire south) needs a lot of Prayer. Keep us informed...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 PM
ME

Is there anything the pricer family could use right now? Do they have food and the necessary things?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Professional Member

Bud:
If you find out what Pricer could use, I would be more than happy to pitch in and get a package sent down. Just e-mail me with the details.

tnbndr
Old 08-30-2005, 07:46 PM

Price has been on my mind for the last three days but itís not to likely that the UPS man is going to go hoping down the bunny trail.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Professional Member

He didn't express any dire need for anything, although he seems to be without electricity so perhaps he has no generator. I ask him to call if he found a need for something that we could provide though so I'll let all of you know if I hear anything, although I think Bob is right about deliveries getting through right now.

Later
Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Professional Member

Let me know if there is anything I can do. We are approx. 275 miles away from Mobile and have access to generators and etc. We just had power restored today in Birmingham and we only had 70-80 mph gusts. I have been listening to the radio this morning and coast of Mississippi resembles the tsunami stricken area of the Philliphines with bodies floating in the streets and everthing is destroyed. Here is a link to view a portion of the devestation.

http://www.wlbt.com/global/video/Wor...st%20Damage%20

Please pray and donate blood, money, or clothing and supplies to the Red Cross.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the update. If you hear from him again have him give me a ring if they need anything. If UPS isn't running to the gulf coast I can run some things down. I am just north of B-ham.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Professional Member

Hello all,
When Price called, it was on his cell phone naturally because all of the lines were down. I tried to call him back this morning and got no further than a system wide message saying that "because of the recent hurricane your call cannot be completed". It has been the same ever since. So much for getting through to Price. Whether or not he can call out remains to be seen although I tend to doubt it. It sounds as though the infrastructure there is so screwed up that I'm not sure he could get gasoline to run a generator if he had one. He, like others in the area might be struggling just to get water! What a mess!
If I hear anything I'll certainly let you all know.

Later....
Old 09-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Professional Member

Steve,
If you are able to get back to Pricer, please let him know his mate in Australia is praying for his family.
Grue