The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > A Tinners Porch

A Tinners Porch
Who knows what will come up in porch conversations.

Share This Forum!  

Old 08-01-2005, 08:35 AM

Default News' Small Contractor Survey

The News published its first "Small Contractor Survey" results today. I came up with the concept after thinking about our readership and the HVAC industry as a whole; and how so many contractors are not represented in articles that are published because of their "smallness."

In year's past the perception has been that a "lack of qualified help" was contractors' biggest concern. But the survey placed it a distant second to what we can all relate to: "profitability" (that dirty "P" word -- also covered in my column this week).

I am following up with other stories from small business owners that I hope will identify more business concerns and ways to address these concerns. I'm doing a "road show" this month to talk with several Iowa contractors in a luncheon setting, specifically to address the issues raied in this survey. As always, any feedback from Wallies would be greatly appreciated.

If you'd like a copy (PDF format) of the survey please drop me an e-mail and I'll reply back with it. In the future I'd like to meet with other contractors (Wallies perhaps?) to have a roundtable discussion on the key points of the survey.

Thanks!

John R. Hall
The ACHR News
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Oops

I cut and pasted the same message I left on The Wall and failed to change "Wallies" to contractors. My bad.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 AM
ME

Default Were the employees surveyed?

Did you survey the employees or is this a one sided survey...sorry if it sounds too loud, but shouldn't you get the entire picture if you're going to try to solve a problem?