The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Finishing Metal

Finishing Metal Open discussion on finishing sheet metal products. Feel free to share knowledge of a metal finishing products and or your own proven formulas.

Share This Forum!  

Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Adjustment size on a ole No. 63 Pexto bar folder

:? On the early Pexto bar folders I have seen a short T bar adjusting wrench to use on the adjustment screw that regulates the open lock, sharp lock on the back, close to the handle on the folding bar. When I put a 12 point 1/2" adjustable wrench on this, it fits pretty well snug to when an open 1/2" wrench there is alot of play. A few times on Ebay I have seen this T wrench but not being able to get my hands on one it became one of my little pet peeves to search for one or make do with something of vintage. Can anyone shed some light on the size? I read where someone had put a mike on this and come up with .49. Im still looking for my open 12mm wrench to see if thats wide enough to use but it may not be fore long age Im sure this wasnt in millimeters. The library doesnt show the parts on the early models, Im sure someone out there has an answer towards my little pet peeve. By the way, I have found this is the greatest of all places to gain knownledge of this trade. Thanks so much.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM

Rickey,
Martin tools has T handle sq. socket wrenches (3/16 to 7/8). Average price $25. Available through MSC.

Good luck,
Larry