The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Sheet Metal Talk

Sheet Metal Talk
General discussion for fabrication and layout work. No advertising on forums, it will be deleted.

Share This Forum!  

Old 12-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Sheet Metal Ductwork Layout Machines

Anyone here on this site familiar with the Nitec CLS-408 or CLS-410 layout systems, made by NiTec, Inc. of Hagerstown, MD? I would like to talk with you about its use and share experiances. My email address is screenmagazine@yahoo.com Thanks, Don
Attached Thumbnails
pic2_530.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 PM

ha ha...why would these people need that?? lay out is what a tinner does for a livin
Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Professional Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngofwemar
ha ha...why would these people need that?? lay out is what a tinner does for a livin
A small shop probably can't justify a full blown plasma machine, yet the same small shop can't be too competitive without one. And, that plasma table needs all kinds of support equipment to make it actually work (like a big air compressor and a proper ventilation system).

That Nitec machine would significantly cut down on layout times for complex fittings and reduce human error. Probably nests fittings to reduce scrap. Other than a computer, no additional support equipment is needed.

I believe it runs about 1/8 of the cost of a Lockformer plasma table. Not a bad deal for a small shop.

That is, if it works as advertised- I have never used one or seen one in person.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Professional Member

MrDon,

Do you have one of these machines? I have aways wondered about them.

Pricer
Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Professional Member

This lay-out tool also draws the reference lines for cutting with squaring shears. Shear across the 48" way, then the other way. Then hand trim..Those of you concerned with air flow take a close look at the fitting laid out on the table..
That's a no-no unless you install turning vanes. A 90° ell with a radius back and
square throat has almost 4 times the resistance of ell with radius back and a radius
throat...More than twice as much as a square ell w/ vanes

bordontn2
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Our main shp located in Pensacola, Fl has all the bells and whistles, plasma cutter, coilline, whisperlock pitts seamer and cornermatic. Our shop in Valdosta,Ga has a shear, pneumatic notcher, pitts and TDC. Pretty basic. The problem is we have had to rely on the ValD shop for AHU tie ins and small jobs in the South GA and SE AL. just cause it makes sense. I've wondered lately if one of these would work in VAL'D. We have Vulcan there I wonder if it would work on Vulcan programming.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Oh, and Bardontn2 is right. We have had to remake quite a few of those elbows because of very low airflow. We will make those, but only if there is no other option. And only with vanes.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Default MR Don

Have you gotten the Nitec Machine yet? IF you have or are still interested contact me I own one and I love it.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Professional Member

There are pros and cons to both, but the same amount for programming skill is required for both! Plasma costs more, but is more productive, faster, and has greater flexibility. Pen Draw Machine is inexpensive and does most of the layout for you. As far as software, the plasma mfgs have the most fittings and advanced software in the industry! Most customers I see upgrade within a year after buying a Nitec.
I might have a used Nitec if interested!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 AM

just wanted to know if you have any layout table (nutec csl-410) available to the sale. who much does it cost. Thank you