The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Finishing Metal

Finishing Metal Open discussion on finishing sheet metal products. Feel free to share knowledge of a metal finishing products and or your own proven formulas.

Share This Forum!  

Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Professional Member

Default Metabo sales rep stopped by today

Hey
the metabo sales rep stopped by today to demo thier grinders..i had one a few years back..someone disapeared it from me..
anyway..nice grinders..
the have a safety clutch,,circuit interupt..so when the power goes out and you set it down without turning it off..when the power comes back on it will not start unless you off. on it again..
same as plugging it in..it will not power on if the switch is on,,until you reset it..
coool
variable speed grinders have me spoiled..i am currently using a bosch..i tell you no one makes grinders like germans..(walter. bosch,and metabo)
by the way metabo owns walter..the parts cross over to each other..
i am looking to replace my bosch and have found a winner in the new metabo..also the have a great burnishing grinder ,variable speed but really geared down for finishing graining and such..
on thier new grinder the no oad speed on the one way 10k rpm and the full load speed way also 10k rpm..the computer chip in the grinder actualy increases the power when the load ets heavier to maintain the rpms..
wow grinders have come a long way...

serious guys if you try a variable speed grinder..you wont go back ..
i use 5"
cheers