The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Sheet Metal Software

Sheet Metal Software Software discussion for the sheet metal industry.

Share This Forum!  

Old 12-02-2008, 07:10 AM

Default Anybody tried the new Eastcoast?

So EC now has the new Autocad based program out and has pretty much forgotten those of us that has used the old program since it came out when it was still Quickpen.

Has anybody tried the new program? I am all for updating and I think the old EC program was good in its day. But the demands in construction have way surpassed it.

We are also checking out Practi-cad if anybody has heard of it.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Professional Member

CAD-Duct Drafting is the most used cad software in North America. Most of my customers use it. It is sold by Technical Sales International.
I believe the Practi-Cad is a Russian software sold by a gentleman named Vladmir out of Texas?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM

That fellow Vladimir is the same one that developed the original quick pen software and the downloading systems for east coast.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM

I haven't tried using it, but I heard it's a good autocad prog. Any reviews?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:49 PM

I just bought the Practicad and am going to abandon eastcoast the same way they abondaoned us.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:21 AM

Iíve been using Practi-cad at our company for a few years, we looked at all of the programs out there and it seemed as though meta-lab had the best. We bought it the same time we got an ESAB piece maker two machine. They have given us support beyond what you would expect and whenever I want a fitting added they do it usually in a couple of days for free. (Truth is they have so many fittings and the ability to customize every allowance or lock that you can make 99% of everything with what is in the library) When a salesman sells a product they might say anything they can to close the deal and I assumed half of what they said was just closing the deal, They have delivered on everything they said they would and more, I wish everybody we dealt with was that way. Great product, honest people, I would buy again in a second.
TSI is a pretty good product as well; we liked it during the demo. We thought the cam was less than Practi-cam and their cad was real close to Practi-cad (not as customizable, but nicer reports) they have an estimating program that ties in to everything. Not a bad second choice, we thought we would get better service and meta-labs products seemed easier more intuitive to use.