The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Sheet Metal Shaping

Sheet Metal Shaping Got a passion for shaping sheet metal? Open discussion on metal shaping here. Talk about tools, tips and techniques. (Please read rules before posting)

Share This Forum!  


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 AM
MoT MoT is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question 3 years trying to find the tool name, please see picture.

Hello Folks,

It seems like the hardest task towards finding the right tool is searching under the right name, for those with experience in metal fabrication, can you please advice what pneumatic tool will help me create these little flanges?

The tool is supposed to cut two groves into the metal frame and bend them inside like an "L" shape.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Flange Tool.jpg  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoT For This Useful Post:
locklin (07-24-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:46 AM
marky2 marky2 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Musselburgh
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think the tool you are looking for is a clincher ,the one we have has a single sided tool that can form a hook ,I assume you want to retain the hook and its not just a notch.

Cheers Marky2
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.