The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Sheet Metal Talk

Sheet Metal Talk
General discussion for fabrication and layout work. No advertising on forums, it will be deleted.

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-06-2019, 10:15 AM

Default Square to triangle help.....

Anyone ever layed out a square to triangular piece of duct?? Can do square to rounds, struggling with square to triangle though? Anyone shed some light?? Any help appreciated
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Professional Member

If you have access to Air Conditioning Metal Layout by Joseph Kaberlein you'll find instructions for a rectangular to triangular transition. Plate number 95 in my edition (1954). This book is very good for unusual/uncommon fittings but it can make your head spin a bit. I learned to do the initial layouts on cardboard or building paper--saves a lot of metal! Out of curiosity, what's your application?

Bill
Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmckane View Post
If you have access to Air Conditioning Metal Layout by Joseph Kaberlein you'll find instructions for a rectangular to triangular transition. Plate number 95 in my edition (1954). This book is very good for unusual/uncommon fittings but it can make your head spin a bit. I learned to do the initial layouts on cardboard or building paper--saves a lot of metal! Out of curiosity, what's your application?

Bill
Thanks for that, yes I have that book, will have to dig it out and take a look. Like the idea of using cardboard first, that sounds sensible. It is for kitchen ventilation ductwork, to fit in roof space with minimal room passing through roof trusses-hence the triangular shape. Thanks for the help I will let you know how I get on .
Old 07-16-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmckane View Post

Bill
Mine doesn’t have square to triangle, square to twisted square and the usual square to rounds....any chance you could upload the page for me??
Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Professional Member

I'm not having any luck either uploading or sending you a private message and patience is waning. Email me--Bill Kane (chev87.2@gmail.com)--and I will send it to you.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyc1982 View Post
Anyone ever layed out a square to triangular piece of duct?? Can do square to rounds, struggling with square to triangle though? Anyone shed some light?? Any help appreciated
That sounds like a head scratcher for sure....good luck, glad you are making it and not me LOL