The New Home for the Sheet Metal Industry Forums
SheetMetalTalk

Go Back   Sheetmetal Talk > Sheet Metal Forums > Tinsmith Avenue

Tinsmith Avenue For those seeking knowledge on past techniques used by yesteryears tinsmiths. The history of Tinsmith goes back in time farther then this place can travel, but for those who want to explore, please share your findings here.

Share This Forum!  

Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 PM

Default couple jobs from over the years

here is a few pictures of some of the things I have had to make over the years, sorry if the pictures are not the best, they were from my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails
101_7268_186_143.jpg   small_copper_cupola_2_204.jpg   dormer_louver_vent_517.jpg   decorative_chimmney_cap_116.jpg   copper_vent_164.jpg  

cupola_framing_201.jpg   cupola_frame_work_149.jpg   cupola_completed_809.jpg   copper_column_caps_195.jpg  
Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Professional Member

Nice work.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Professional Member

Wow- That's nice stuff. I get to make a lot of stuff like that, but rarely get to take pics cuz of needy-ass need it now customers. That's really great high quality stuff, even obvious from the cell phone pics. Keep posting, I'll steal your ideas! LOL
It might be a dumb question, but what is a highbanker?
Sam
Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 AM

highbanker, is essensially a powered gold mining sluice. You shovel your dirt into the "shovel pan" that then pushes the material into the "slurry shoot" where it passes under the spray bars that wash off the larger rocks that dont fall thru the grizzly screen. Once there it falls into the sluice part of it, and passes over the riffles where the gold is seperated out of it. It is of course hooked up to a water pump or hose to work. I made one of these in high school for my senior project then later on I bought a 4 foot box and pan brake for my house and made a few of these for kinda a hobbie thing, now trying to get them going, got a couple at some local mining shops. Thanks for the compliments, I wish the pictures of the cupola where better, that one turned out really nice.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Professional Member

You ought to be able to sell them on the net. I get a cut for the idea. Just kidding$$$$ dupree
Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 PM

Nice pic's , I like the colum caps & chimney cap, I need that highbanker at my cabin I have a old gold ditch and a creek out back and they use to mine gold back in the day , It's near Dahlonega, ga.Keep up the good work....
JOEMETAL