Sheetmetal Talk

Sheetmetal Talk (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/index.php)
-   Sheet Metal Talk (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Square to triangle help..... (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/showthread.php?t=2809)

Bradleyc1982 07-06-2019 10:15 AM

Square to triangle help.....

Anyone ever layed out a square to triangular piece of duct?? Can do square to rounds, struggling with square to triangle though? Anyone shed some light?? Any help appreciated :confused:

wmckane 07-09-2019 06:47 AM

If you have access to Air Conditioning Metal Layout by Joseph Kaberlein you'll find instructions for a rectangular to triangular transition. Plate number 95 in my edition (1954). This book is very good for unusual/uncommon fittings but it can make your head spin a bit. I learned to do the initial layouts on cardboard or building paper--saves a lot of metal! Out of curiosity, what's your application?

Bill

Bradleyc1982 07-10-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmckane (Post 17379)
If you have access to Air Conditioning Metal Layout by Joseph Kaberlein you'll find instructions for a rectangular to triangular transition. Plate number 95 in my edition (1954). This book is very good for unusual/uncommon fittings but it can make your head spin a bit. I learned to do the initial layouts on cardboard or building paper--saves a lot of metal! Out of curiosity, what's your application?

Bill

Thanks for that, yes I have that book, will have to dig it out and take a look. Like the idea of using cardboard first, that sounds sensible. It is for kitchen ventilation ductwork, to fit in roof space with minimal room passing through roof trusses-hence the triangular shape. Thanks for the help I will let you know how I get on .

Bradleyc1982 07-16-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmckane (Post 17379)

Bill

Mine doesn’t have square to triangle, square to twisted square and the usual square to rounds....any chance you could upload the page for me??:D:D

wmckane 07-16-2019 05:47 AM

I'm not having any luck either uploading or sending you a private message and patience is waning. Email me--Bill Kane (chev87.2@gmail.com)--and I will send it to you.

Stickman 07-16-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyc1982 (Post 17378)
Anyone ever layed out a square to triangular piece of duct?? Can do square to rounds, struggling with square to triangle though? Anyone shed some light?? Any help appreciated :confused:

That sounds like a head scratcher for sure....good luck, glad you are making it and not me LOL