Sheetmetal Talk

Sheetmetal Talk (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/index.php)
-   Sheet Metal Software (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PractiCad...any one running it besides me (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/showthread.php?t=1351)

gator412 03-18-2009 07:28 PM

PractiCad...any one running it besides me

I just got Practicad and am in the process of setting it up. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the forum running it. So we could trade tips and stuff. It will be a bit of a curve for me as I am no autocad guy but I am looking forward to using the program. :D It seems to have so many options that it can create what you want with "automatics".

CadMan 07-15-2009 09:53 AM

Gator,
I have tried this program and we acctually had a demo in our office with Matt. I like this program for the most part. And I think it was created by the same Russian guy that originally designed the Eastcoast program before it was distributed by Quickpen back in the day and yadda, yadda, yadda. I really like it because it is a true Autocad 3rd party software program. And I love the idea that you can create all of the lisp programs to make things "automatic". I would like to see what more people think about the program.

big_willie 08-02-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator412
I just got Practicad and am in the process of setting it up. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the forum running it. So we could trade tips and stuff. It will be a bit of a curve for me as I am no autocad guy but I am looking forward to using the program. :D It seems to have so many options that it can create what you want with "automatics".

Just wondering now that you have been using this for 4 mo how do you like it? I believe I saw some other post saying you where using ECC...... We are looking at making them same switch.

ccrayjr 08-02-2009 08:46 PM

If you are looking for great cad try...
http://www.technicalsalesinternation...2008/index.php

CadMan 01-07-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_willie
Quote:

Originally Posted by gator412

Just wondering now that you have been using this for 4 mo how do you like it? I believe I saw some other post saying you where using ECC...... We are looking at making them same switch.

Gator, same question. How is the Practi-cad working?

gmacw 05-08-2010 03:31 PM

PractiCAD & PractiCAM

I have both PractiCAD & PractiCAM. They are very customizable & so far hav ebeen impressed over the PM2000 & CADDuct version I've used in the past. There are few things that are a bit different with these programs though.

tanner01 08-20-2010 07:59 AM

Practi-cad Practi-cam Meta-lab

We have been using it for a few years, one of the best programs out there in my opinion. There is nothing better than being able to draw in 3-d exactly the way you are going to make a fitting. Once your shop standards are set it is fool proof.

jcmechanical 08-20-2010 11:33 AM

We have been using PM2000 on our mechines...works great haven,t used anything else for the last 12 years...so I guess I don't know what i'm missing....but I have had excellent assistance when need, and for what we do here its great....

CadMan 09-15-2010 08:23 AM

PractiCAD Update

Just to let you all know we've now been running PractiCAD and PractiCAM full time. It seems to be working out great. We actually had a guy come out of the shop and within the 1st week he was drawing on his own with not prior experience. It has it's quirks sometimes but for the most part I like it.