Sheetmetal Talk

Sheetmetal Talk (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/index.php)
-   Sheet Metal Talk (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sheet Metal Ductwork Layout Machines (http://www.sheetmetaltalk.com/showthread.php?t=885)

MrDon 12-19-2006 12:21 PM

Sheet Metal Ductwork Layout Machines

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone here on this site familiar with the Nitec CLS-408 or CLS-410 layout systems, made by NiTec, Inc. of Hagerstown, MD? I would like to talk with you about its use and share experiances. My email address is screenmagazine@yahoo.com Thanks, Don

Kngofwemar 06-20-2007 12:19 AM

ha ha...why would these people need that?? lay out is what a tinner does for a livin

danski0224 06-20-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kngofwemar
ha ha...why would these people need that?? lay out is what a tinner does for a livin

A small shop probably can't justify a full blown plasma machine, yet the same small shop can't be too competitive without one. And, that plasma table needs all kinds of support equipment to make it actually work (like a big air compressor and a proper ventilation system).

That Nitec machine would significantly cut down on layout times for complex fittings and reduce human error. Probably nests fittings to reduce scrap. Other than a computer, no additional support equipment is needed.

I believe it runs about 1/8 of the cost of a Lockformer plasma table. Not a bad deal for a small shop.

That is, if it works as advertised- I have never used one or seen one in person.

pricer 06-21-2007 11:57 AM

MrDon,

Do you have one of these machines? I have aways wondered about them.

Pricer

bordontn2 06-22-2007 08:11 AM

This lay-out tool also draws the reference lines for cutting with squaring shears. Shear across the 48" way, then the other way. Then hand trim..Those of you concerned with air flow take a close look at the fitting laid out on the table..
That's a no-no unless you install turning vanes. A 90° ell with a radius back and
square throat has almost 4 times the resistance of ell with radius back and a radius
throat...More than twice as much as a square ell w/ vanes

bordontn2

rsonnier 07-02-2007 09:43 PM

Our main shp located in Pensacola, Fl has all the bells and whistles, plasma cutter, coilline, whisperlock pitts seamer and cornermatic. Our shop in Valdosta,Ga has a shear, pneumatic notcher, pitts and TDC. Pretty basic. The problem is we have had to rely on the ValD shop for AHU tie ins and small jobs in the South GA and SE AL. just cause it makes sense. I've wondered lately if one of these would work in VAL'D. We have Vulcan there I wonder if it would work on Vulcan programming.

rsonnier 07-02-2007 09:47 PM

Oh, and Bardontn2 is right. We have had to remake quite a few of those elbows because of very low airflow. We will make those, but only if there is no other option. And only with vanes.

jvsmeds 01-04-2009 07:27 PM

MR Don

Have you gotten the Nitec Machine yet? IF you have or are still interested contact me I own one and I love it.

ccrayjr 01-04-2009 08:14 PM

There are pros and cons to both, but the same amount for programming skill is required for both! Plasma costs more, but is more productive, faster, and has greater flexibility. Pen Draw Machine is inexpensive and does most of the layout for you. As far as software, the plasma mfgs have the most fittings and advanced software in the industry! Most customers I see upgrade within a year after buying a Nitec.
I might have a used Nitec if interested!

jesus 10-31-2016 10:25 AM

just wanted to know if you have any layout table (nutec csl-410) available to the sale. who much does it cost. Thank you