PDA

View Full Version : Plenum Question

aero149
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any information or templates on triangle shaped plenums? A builder that I work with will be using triangle shaped louvers and there will not be enough free area needed for a rectangular plenum. I will be forced to use a triangle shaped plenum and I would like to make it drainagable. Any ideas?

pricer
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
When you say "Drainable", do you want the plenums to be drainable? The louvers themselves can be made or bought to be a drainable blade type. As far as making a triangle shaped there should not be a problem in laying out a pattern for you. Give us some more information and we will be grad to help and Welcome to the Shop, hope you visit again.

aero149
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
The builder will be using stormproof drainable louvers and I would like to add the drainable triangle plenum. My concern with a triangle plenum is that snow and rain will be sucked in more easily than a rectangular plenum.Unfortunetaly, the louver will be facing the prevailing winds.

pricer
10-13-2004, 02:49 PM
I do not have much experience building in the type climates you guys live in. I live in the south, not much snow here. Bud and/or some of the guys that live up north may be of better assistance. I am curious to see how this is done myself. I wish I could be of more help!

da6668
07-01-2005, 09:41 PM
a triangle plenum box could be made in 1 piece. is it insulated or wrapped? There is a few small questions but they arent very bad.

tnbndr
07-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Make the plenum one piece with the seam at the apex of the triangle. Assemble and then mark 1" back at the apex and draw a line to the two bottom corners. Trim off at lines. Install on louver and the plenum will be pitched toward the louver. Make sure the bottom where the plenum meets the louver is sealed watertight or overlaps the bottom blade so that any moisture will run outside the building. Should be pretty simple layout and install.