PDA

View Full Version : rectangle to oval

x9350
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi. First of all thank you everybody for a few posts, about sheet metal lay out, that I found on this web site. Square to round, rectangular to round.
Here is the question: What if the circle is bigger than the square (10x10to12) or bigger than the rectangle (14x6to10)? And one more thing: Is it possible to lay out a rectangle to oval, same reason, the diameter to big?
p.s.My first rec.to round i did using your metod.no waste at all,and fast

Bud
03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the site!

For the most part, when you begin to understand triangulation it won't matter what size is the square or rectangular or round. You'll understand how to lay it out.

roofermarc
03-29-2011, 07:33 AM
The best layout of transitions and odd shapes I ever seen was in the USS Alabama battle ship. You walk thru and just look up, I'm talking basically the whole ship, everything is oval to hug tighter to the ceiling and then branches off into many complex shapes, all hand made I'm sure. If I remember right, there all small pcs, riveted together. First went there in the 70s" as a kid, then stayed on it overnight with the boy scouts with my own son it the 90s". Went back in 2005, my wife will never go again and says I'm crazy. Her father has made her go there several times as a kid.